I made a pair of cloth shoes for Elle Thursday night. Thursday evenings are my night to do my thing. I usually use that time for a project that needs undivided attention or knitting group or a trip to the bookstore. I haven’t made many things with the sewing machine so every time I do it’s an adventure. I didn’t have too high of expectation for my first pair of shoes since I had heard your first pair may not turn out that great. I took my time and tried to make everything as exact as possible and the results were fantastic! The seam allowance listed is 1/4″. I don’t think I quite met that on the toe of the shoe the first time I seamed them up so I went back and cut into them a little bit. I really wanted shoes that fit Elle perfectly and these now do the trick.
I used a printed Kokka linen/cotton blend for the top fabric, scraps of woven cotton for the sole and a brown Robert Kaufman cotton for the lining. I see more pairs in her future… and many for gifts as well. Such cozy shoes for a little one.