From 5:00pm today to 6:00pm Sunday, you can visit Fremont’s Oktoberfest!
Fremont Oktoberfest, a community celebration that turns the traditional Oktoberfest into a community celebration reflective of Fremont’s funky flair.
In old Germany, the brewing season began with the fall harvest of barley and hops and any beer left at harvest time had to be consumed before the new beer arrived. September was designated as the time to drink-up all of last season’s beer. It officially became Oktoberfest in 1810, when Ludwig I, the Crown Prince of Bavaria declared a 16-day celebration in commemoration of his wedding.
The highlight of the Fremont Oktoberfest may be the Stranger Microbrew Garden with over 70 beers, but over the past 11 years the celebration has grown to have something for everyone.
Join us for…
- The Texas Chainsaw Pumpkin Carving Contest
- A kids’ area featuring the favorite Zucchini 500 track and Root Beer Garden
- The 6th Annual Brew HA-HA 5K Run/Walk with the one of a kind Beer Belly Division and Team Division.
- Think you know Fremont? Try the ultimate scavenger hunt in the Center of the Universe, with the Brew HA-HA Street Scramble.
- A variety of festival food vendors
- The Carter Volkswagen festival entertainment stage packed with family-friendly fun
- Beck’s By-The-Glass beer garden featuring Beck’s as the Official German Beer of Oktoberfest
- Even dogs have a day! Sunday has been coined Dog Day Afternoon!
- Bring your pooch with you to Run in the Brew HA-HA 5K or Street Scramble
- Enter in the Citydog Cover Dog Contest
- Accompany you in the Stranger Microbrew Garden (on Sunday only).
Like the Oktoberfest in Munich, the Fremont Oktoberfest would not be true to its name if it were not complete with a constant flow of great beer. Enter the Stranger Microbrew Garden and you will experience something like never before. With over 35 breweries pouring over 70 beers, for those 21 and over this is an experience you cannot miss. Returning this year with high demand is the Buxom Beer Garden within the Microbrew Garden featuring full glasses of beer. Complete with a rockin’ music line-up on the Adobe Main stage the Oktoberfest in Fremont packs all the fun of the 16-day celebration into one happening and unbelievable weekend.
Admission to the Stranger Microbrew Garden is $20, which includes a souvenir mug and 4 beer tasting tokens. The souvenir mug is only available while supplies last. Access to the Microbrew Garden is restricted to people 21+ with valid ID. Save $5 with advance tickets
And all this fun happens as a benefit for the Fremont Chamber of Commerce!
The mission of the Chamber is to promote the Fremont neighborhood, area merchants, and to provide funding for local art groups, schools, community events and overall promotion of Fremont for what it is today “The Center of the Universe”.